Our nation and world is world is navigating an ongoing economic crisis. All communities and cultures are impacted. Interestingly, the wealth gap between blacks and whites in America has risen to record highs. The median wealth of white households is 20 times that of black households and 18 times that of Hispanic households, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of newly available government data from 2009. As a result of these declines, the typical black household had just $5,677 in wealth (assets minus debts) in 2009, the typical Hispanic household had $6,325 in wealth and the typical white household had $113,149.
There is not a lack of financial and economic tools. There is a lack of financial and economic dignity.
This must change! We must change it! We can do more together than we can apart.
Together, we will create long-term impact by establishing a culture of economic dignity and a “pay it forward” precedent amongst all underserved communities in America initially – and then globally – ultimately increasing overall wealth for generations to come. To accomplish this, we will:
- Embrace economic dignity.
- Provide consistent financial, investment and business advocacy, intelligence, education and inspiration to youth, young adults and adults
- Encourage and provide solutions for individual, family and community banking, saving & investing
- Provide access to legitimate home ownership solutions
- Encourage and initiate innovative business startups
- Provide access to startup and growth capital (micro-loan intermediary, crowd fund)
- Reposition the perception of churches in the financial marketplace as land-owners, relevant causes, community stake holders and viable investment partners
- Provide aggregated human resource [administrative, legal, accounting and tax] best practices and solutions to ministries, churches, businesses and schools
- Advocate for community and economic development, investment and reinvestment (business incubator, commercial retail development, schools, daycares, scholarships, foundations)
- Form collaborative and cooperative partnerships with innovative experts and solutions providers
- Provide wealth management tools (wealth advisory, retirement planning, life insurance, will and estate planning, probate land legal advisory)
- Join. If this cause resonates with you, please join our #billiondollarchallenge today and receive thousands of dollars in complimentary financial dignity, knowledge and access tools.
- Share. Invite your networks to join our economic dignity movement.
- Learn. Intentionally educate yourself on best practices in financial, investor and entrepreneurial literacy, dignity and opportunity.
- Engage. Utilize the dignity, knowledge and access tools designed to position you for legacy and wealth creation in multiple areas of your life.
- Save. Begin saving something on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Invest. Begin investing something on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. We hope you will consider investing with us as we pool our resources together to create an Economic Dignity Fund. Remember, we will do more together than we can apart.
- Go. Get started now!